[Videolib] Home Use Prices Vs PPR Prices

From: Patrick Nagle <patricknagle@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 11:37:23 PDT

For our part, as filmmakers, our recent 100' Feature Documentary "Andy Warhol's Factory People" is a limited edition director's cut and will never reach the home dvd market, at least not for a few years time. We made this version based on the three hour version that we did for television. Our post costs were 25K over and above the making of the original version. We did it for you guys and film festival entry. For that reason we feel justified in asking a higher than consumer dvd price to colleges and universities. If it is ever released as a consumer dvd, then please be our guests and pay $39.95 as opposed to $150.
Cheers-P

Patrick Nagle

Chairman PGE Films/Paris
http://planetgroupentertainment.squarespace.com/