Re: [Videolib] Looking for new Dance Videos to order

From: James Taylor <jat808@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 07:10:19 PDT

V.I.E.W. Video
offers a great selection of top selling dance programs on DVD, in classical ballet, modern dance, folk, tango and ballroom! Our selection includes acclaimed performances, behind-the-scenes documentaries, and children's programs. Visit us online at www.view.com.

>From the V.I.E.W. Video Classical Dance Collection:

Item #2202 "Bolshoi Ballet: Les Sylphides"
Russian Choreographer Michael Fokine took the timeless music of Frederic Chopin and created Les Sylphides (originally named Chopiniana), which celebrates the lyrical and poetic qualities of Romantic Ballet Blanc to express the sublime nature of dance. Starring ballerinas Natalia Bessmertnova, Alexandre Beogatyriov, Galina Kozlova and Irina Kholina, choreographed by Michael Fokine, and orchestrated by Alexander Glazounov!

Item #2203 "Kirov Ballet: Classic Ballet Night"
This spectacular DVD presents an evening of live performances by the stars
of

        Russia’s
world-renowned Kirov Ballet Company, showcasing highlights from the most famous
dances of the Classic Repertory. This exciting performance by the Kirov Ballet
captures all of the thrills and intensity of great Russian prima ballerinas such
as Irina Kolpakova, Gabriela Komleva, Alla Sizova, Galina Mezentseva, and dancer
Sergei Berezhnoi, among others, and is truly a unique and unforgettable
"Classic Ballet Night."

Item #2204 "Paris Opera Ballet: Six Ballets"
Wonder Boy of the world dance scene Patrick Dupond, Claude
De Vulpian, and Noëlla Pontois, the epitome of a French ballerina, highlight
this special program that features music by renowned composers such as
Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich & Meyerbeer. Sure to delight and impress Ballet
fans everywhere, this stellar DVD features a selection of works choreographed
by Nobert Schmucki especially for the stars of the Paris Opera Ballet,

      France’s
premiere Ballet Company.

Item #2207 "Bolshoi Soloists Classique"
In a testament to the
Bolshoi Ballet legacy, this newly discovered film on DVD features the grace, beauty, and perfect
control of Nina Timofeyeva and Mikhail Lavrosky, son of the renowned
choreographer Leonid Lavrosky, creating a special program of solos and Pas de
Deuxs. Choreographed by Mikhail Fokine as well as the dancers, this production
features the enduring and diverse music of Gershwin, Saint-Saens, Albinoni and
Adam, and is full of timeless performances in the classic and elegant style of
the Soviet ballet tradition!

Item #2209 "Paris Opera Ballet: Seven Ballets"
Featuring the stars of The
Paris Opera Ballet Company, this exclusive DVD consists of seven works
choreographed by Marius Petipa and Norbert Schmucki, set to the music of
Tchaikovsky, Saint Saens, & Sibelius, among others. Among the many fine
dancers, you will discover Sylvie Guillem, acclaimed as the most exciting new
talent in years; Patrick Dupond, the wonder boy of the world dance scene; and
Noella Pontois, the epitome of a French ballerina!

Item #2221 "Kirov Stars: Shakespeare Dance Trilogy"

Three of William Shakespeare’s
immortal dramas (Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet, and Othello) are powerfully interpreted in this trilogy of one-act ballets,
danced by the stars of the Kirov Ballet
Company, in this riveting DVD. These performances are truly majestic in
their artistic and dramatic scope. Filmed on location at a spectacular medieval
castle overlooking the sea, this special DVD features a powerful cultural
combination, the grace and elegance of the stars of the Kirov Ballet dancing to
the most famous stories of the world’s greatest writer!

>From the Children's Cultural Collection:
Item #2211 "Alice in Wonderland: A Dance Fantasy"
Item #2212 "The Swan Lake Story: A Dance Fantasy"
Item #2213 "Cinderella: A Dance Fantasy"
Item #2214 "Daisy and Her Garden: A Dance Fantasy"
These four titles from our acclaimed Children's Cultural Collection feature ballet, mime, acrobatics and theatre, to bring to life these well-loved children's classics!

>From the V.I.E.W. Video Dance Collection:

Item #2201 "Cinderella Ballet"

In this DVD version of the classic children's story, staged by the Berlin Comic Opera Ballet Company, the beautiful prima ballerina Hannelore Bey dances the role of Cinderella with tenderness, dignity and alluring grace, while Roland Gatwick creates an outstanding Prince. Staged and choreographed by Tom Schilling,
the splendid décor and costumes enhance the ballet?s inventiveness,
vision and fluidity while dancers perform to the music of a full
orchestra conducted by Siegfried Kratzer. Highlights
include the ballroom Pas de Deux for Cinderella and her Prince, and the
comic roles of her stepsisters and stepmother.

Item #2205 "Moiseyev Dance Company: A Gala Evening"

Established by Igor Moiseyev, the distinguished, former
choreographer, ballet master, and leading dancer at the Bolshoi Ballet, the
Moiseyev Dance Company is the

  Soviet Union’s
most traveled troupe, having broken box office records in more than 50
countries. Their distinct repertoire expands on

  Russia’s
impressive Ballet history, adding folk dances & character dances from all
the major Soviet regions, as well as incorporating dance styles from distant
destinations from around the globe, such as

  Mexico
and

    Japan.
Hailed as athletic, entertaining and a rare blend of grace and power, in this
special DVD the Moiseyev Dance Company performs live from Congress Hall in

    Moscow.

Item #2206 "Tango!"

The dancers of the famed Geneva Grand Theatre Ballet
create a spectacular full-length show to the vibrant and throbbing
rhythms of the Argentine Tango. Highly acclaimed choreographer Oscar Araiz (known for his work with the Joffrey Ballet and The National Ballet of Canada), uses Tango music, rhythms and movements to create 12 vignettes that are seductive, exciting and entertaining!

Item #2210 "Ballroom Dancing: The International Championships"
Elegance…Precision…Romance…Rhythm… The spirit of Ballroom Dance
is fully captured in this spectacular DVD. From the Latin Samba, Cha-Cha,
Rumba, Pasodoble and Jive to the modern Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slowfox
and Quickstep, the world’s top-ranked ballroom dancers go head to head in the Latin and Modern Competitions!

Item #2222 "Bill T. Jones: Dancing to the Promised Land"
Bill T. Jones is one of the most powerful forces in the world
of Modern Dance & Ballet. Built around the creation and performance of his
epic masterpiece, “Last Supper at Uncle Tom’s Cabin/The Promised Land,”
this BBC produced documentary film guides us through the
life, work, and creative process of Jones and the extraordinary Bill T. Jones /
Arnie Zane Dance Company!

Item #2223 "Making Ballet"

Filmmaker Anthony Azzopardi goes behind-the-scenes with Karen Kain, James Kudelka, and the National Ballet of Canada to capture the drama within the drama, with this fascinating look at the making of the Modern Dance Ballet ?The Actress,? in this fascinating DVD - the perfect behind-the-scenes documentary!

Item #2227 "Tango Fatal"
With a Grammy Award Winning soundtrack by renowned composer
Carlos Frenzetti and original choreography by­­­­­­­­­ Carlos Capello, Tango
Fatal sizzles with the spicy flavors of

    Buenos Aires and the unique dance that
originated there. This film, directed by Maximiliano Gomez and Carlos Capello,
is both a celebration of Tango culture as well as an innovative, dramatic and
imaginative feature film told through the language of Dance. Combining a large
ensemble cast, provocative fashions, sensual movements and enchanting music, this
DVD takes us into the underworld of

    Buenos
  Aires to thrill our senses with the culture of the
Tango!

Cheers!

Jim Taylor
V.I.E.W. Video / Arkadia Entertainment