Re: [Videolib] Looking for new Dance Videos to order

From: elizabeth mcmahon <elizmcmahon@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 12:54:38 PDT

I highly recommend that you purchase Dance on Camera: a guide to dance films and videos, edited by Louise Spain, foreword by Jacques D'Amboise. (Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 1998) and Dance on Disc: the complete catalog of the Dance Collection of the New York Public Library on CD ROM. (New York : G.K. Hall, c1995) .Annual.

I also recommend you speak with Deirdre Towers, artistic director of Dance Films Association (212) 727-0764; info@dancefilms.org; dancefilmsassn.org ), which is responsible for organizing the Dance on Camera Film Festival every year at Lincoln Center. She is on the cutting edge of the dance film/video world and is well-poised to make excellent recommendations.

Elizabeth McMahon