Re: [Videolib] interior design

From: Elana Joffe <elana@insight-media.com>
Date: Mon Aug 17 2009 - 13:51:41 PDT

Kathy,

Insight Media has produced three DVDs and one PowerPoint on interior
design that may suit your needs. The DVDs were done in conjunction
with a professor at Pratt Institute and focus on concepts of
designing an interior and meeting the client's needs.

The descriptions are pasted below.

Elements of Interior Design
Featuring Pratt Institute professor Jon Otis, this DVD shows how the
element of space adds a new level to visual design theory and
considers the ways in which this affects the process of designing for
interiors. It emphasizes that designs should reflect the needs of the
client and discusses functionality, circulation, planning, and materiality.
[]

20 min / 2007 / #IDAT4971 - $199

Commercial Interior Design
Hosted by Pratt Institute professor Jon Otis and featuring interviews
with designers from top-rated New York design firms, this DVD teaches
how to apply the elements of interior design to commercial settings.
Looking at office, healthcare, and hospitality environments, it shows
how the needs of clients determine the design and looks at the
various components of designing for commercial spaces.
[]

20 min / 2007 / #IDAT4968 - $199

Residential Interior Design
This program teaches how to apply the elements of interior design to
residential interiors. It features Jon Otis of the Pratt Institute,
who explains how to develop an approach that meets a client's needs.
The DVD considers interior zoning and space planning; discusses
building components, furnishings, and the experiential components of
a design; and presents examples from two designs in progress.
[]

20 min / 2007 / #IDAT4969 - $199

Interior Design: An Introduction (PowerPoint)
This presentation provides an overview of interior design both as a
professional discipline and as a set of design principles and
techniques. Featuring photographs, drawings, and text, the
presentation illustrates the processes by which professional
designers plan and oversee the construction of interior spaces;
examines the practical issues that constrain every design project;
and introduces the aesthetic principles relevant to the interior
design process.
2007 / #IDAT4970 - $159

Please contact our customer service department at 800-233-9910 or
custserv@insight-media.com for more details or to place an order.

Elana

Elana B. Joffe
Vice President, Acquisitions & Development
Insight Media, Inc.
2162 Broadway
New York, NY 10024
(212) 721-6316 x103