Re: [Videolib] Jeane Kilbourne's Killing us Softly

From: Alex Peterson <alex@mediaed.org>
Date: Mon Aug 17 2009 - 10:33:18 PDT

Hi Bethany,

I'm catching up from being away, but just saw your question.

Media Education Foundation produced and distributes "Killing Us Softly 3"
(the most recent iteration):
<http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=206>
http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=206.

"Calling the Shots" was originally made in 1982 with Cambridge Documentary
Films, then remade with them in 1992 under the new name "Advertising
Alcohol: Calling the Shots". These films are no longer available, but Jean
Kilbourne made a new film with MEF in 2003 called "Deadly Persuasion: The
Advertising of Alcohol & Tobacco":
<http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=202>
http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=202.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Alex

Alexandra Peterson | Marketing Coordinator

Media Education Foundation

60 Masonic Street | Northampton, MA 01060

TEL: 413.584.8500 x2205 | FAX: 413.586.8398

CHALLENGING MEDIA