Re: [Videolib] Documentaries on the Soviet Union

From: Wendy Benhaim <wendyb@savion.huji.ac.il>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 05:18:16 PDT

Another one is Stalin's Last Purge: writer-director, Alan Rosenthal ; produced by John Fox, Alan Rosenthal ; produced by Blue Rose Productions and Northfolk Films.

Published Falls Church, VA : Landmark Media, c2005

"Filmed in Russia, Israel and the U.S., this ... documentary draws upon rarely seen archive footage and information from the newly-opened secret Soviet prison files. It includes interviews with survivors of the period and relatives of some of Stalin's victims who tell their ... stories of life in the Soviet police state." (from the cover)

Wendy Ben-Haim
Media Librarian
Bloomfield Library for Humanities and Social Sciences
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
wendyb@savion.huji.ac.il