Re: [Videolib] A very badass copyright ruling

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 13:42:11 PDT

Well legally you are wrong since the DMCA is very clear on this. I don't
really get why you would believe you should be entitled to a "back up " copy
of everything you buy. You don't get to copy every book or magazine you
might have in the collection. On the higher end specialized stuff I would
hope you would have some kind of contract that entitled you do a replacement
copy at low price but for ordinary retail titles why should you get a free
back up ?