Re: [Videolib] A very badass copyright ruling

From: Shoaf,Judith P <jshoaf@ufl.edu>
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 10:17:10 PDT

This ruling was not related in any way to educational use. It had to do entirely with a device made to create digital copies in the home of up to 70 DVDs for private use.

I guess my point is that before digital copying was possible--before DVDs, in fact--copying a VHS tape to make a backup was considered illegal.

Judy Shoaf