Re: [Videolib] biracial as a film theme

From: Brigid Duffy <bduffy@sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 13:29:31 PDT

You might consider:

"Banana Split" from the Center for Asian American Media
http://distribution.asianamericanmedia.org

"One Drop Rule" from California Newsreel (http://www.newsreel.org)
looks at African American identity issues

"Just Black?" on multi-racial identity from Filmakers Library (http://www.filmakers.com
)

"Domino: Interracial People and the Search for Identity" from Films
for the Humanities & Sciences (http://ffh.films.com)

You might be able to contact filmmaker Jennifer Fox through Women Make
Movies (http://www.wmm.com) about her 1999 miniseries on a biracial
couple, the Wilson-Sims family, called "An American Love Story". Fox
has a website, http://www.zohefilms.com/ - but it is 'under
construction'.

And there is the Frontline (PBS) program "Jefferson's Blood"

Hope this helps.

Brigid Duffy
\Academic Technology
San Francisco State University