[Videolib] Oil painting of Faust

From: Tatar, Becky <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us>
Date: Fri Aug 14 2009 - 08:41:34 PDT

Hi, all,

I know this is a little off the topic, but I'm trying to find a picture
of the Faust legend. I know I've seen it before, but I can't find it on
the Internet. (I know, it may not be there!). The one I'm thinking of
has Marguarite, Faust, and Mephistopheles in order, with Marguarite on
the left, looking upward, Faust in the middle looking back at her, while
being pulled to the right by Mephistopholese. Faust is in medieval
style garb, with a cloak and a floppy style hat. It's one of those
things - I'll know it when I see it. Searching several ways - Faust
painting, Faustus painting hasn't turned up anything. Thanks.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street