Re: [Videolib] Question about two older series

From: Filmakers Library <info@filmakers.com>
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 12:10:21 PDT

Filmakers Library distributes three films on DVD relevant to the
Cold War. All are described on our web page www.filmakers.com
A Deterrent Weapon
Star War Dreams
Voices from the Brink:The Cuban Missile Crisis

Sue E. Oscar
Filmakers Library
124 East 40th St
New York, NY 10016
Tel: 212-808-4980
Fax: 212 808-4983
e-mail: info@filmakers.com
web: www.filmakers.com

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Karen Ketchaver wrote:

Our library has in its collection the series "Cold War" (aka "CNN
Perspectives Presents Cold War"), which consists of eight VHS tapes,
and "The Great War and the Shaping of the 20th Century" (four VHS
tapes). All the tapes have been heavily used and are showing their
age. A faculty member asked us to purchase both series on DVD;
however, it appears that neither was ever released on DVD in the
United States. New copies on VHS also seem to be no longer available.

It seems to me that we don't have a good alternative, but I'm
appealing to the collective wisdom of the list just in case. Thank you.

Karen G. Ketchaver
Acquisitions Unit Leader
Grasselli Library
John Carroll University
20700 North Park Blvd.
University Hts., Ohio 44118-4581
U.S.A.
(216)397-1622 phone/(216)397-1809 fax

issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current
and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It
is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
distributors.