Re: [Videolib] video browsing collection: LOC or "some other system"?

From: Jana Atkins <JAtkins3@uco.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 15:09:00 PDT

We have all of our DVDs and VHS interfiled in our open stacks. Everything has Library of Congress call numbers. It works very well when someone is looking for subject-based documentaries, but when people are looking for feature films, it's fairly difficult to browse easily. I like the idea of setting up a title-based system for feature films only and LOC for the rest.

Jana Atkins, B.M., M.L.S.
Performing Arts/Multimedia Librarian
University of Central Oklahoma
Max Chambers Library