Re: [Videolib] video browsing collection: LOC or "some other system"?

From: Jo Ann Reynolds <>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 13:11:26 PDT

We've been circulating our video collection from open stacks for almost
5 years now. They are LOC labeled but all in their own room not
intershelved with the books. Patrons still browse by title but can also
use the catalog if they need to.

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Reynolds

Reserve Services Coordinator

University of Connecticut

Homer Babbidge Library

Storrs, CT

Question Reality

[] On Behalf Of Maureen Tripp
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:29 PM
Subject: [Videolib] video browsing collection: LOC or "some other

Finally, it's going to happen-we're going to start circulating video to
students from open stacks.

The big stumbling block now is how to label the videos on the shelf-

Use the Library of Congress call number, or use some other title-based

I like using LOC, but others on the committee would prefer a more
user-friendly system.

What says the collective wisdom?

Maureen Tripp
Media Librarian