Re: [Videolib] Input on this? ITunesU and VMR Media Migration

From: Brewer, Michael <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 16:19:50 PDT

I think the fact that these can be downloaded (and, I assume, further shared) would be a real problem. I don't think something necessarily has to be streaming only to fall under TEACH, but there does need to be some mechanism to restrict the copyrighted content from uses that do not specifically meet the identified educational purpose. This could be some other sort of DRM. I don't know much at all about iTunesU, so I really can't comment any more than this.

mb

Michael Brewer
Team Leader for Undergraduate Services
University of Arizona Library