Re: [Videolib] Books on copyright

From: Ciara Healy <healyc@uwosh.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 04 2009 - 06:19:40 PDT

I saw this on another list and am reposting here, where folks in the know can respond to:amonagh@clemson.edu

A faculty member teaching film studies at my university asked if I would query
academic librarians about their DVD-buying habits. Specifically:

1) How do you order DVDs? Do you have any subscription plans or do you
order title-by-title, as they are requested?

2) Do you buy self-distributed DVDs? If so, what influences your decision
to purchase them?

3) For an 80-minute documentary on the history of film criticism,
containing appearances by well-known critics and filmmakers, how much would you
be willing to pay for

1. an institutional copy?
2. an individual-use copy?

Please send your responses to Amy Monaghan, amonagh@clemson.edu

And thank you for reading this far—even greater thanks if you are able to
respond to Amy.

Regards,

C. Camille Cooper
Reference Librarian for
Communication Studies, English, and Rhetorics/Communication/& Information
Design
501 R. M. Cooper Library
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634-3001