[Videolib] Blu-ray acquisitions in Academic libraries

From: David Nelson <davidnnelson33@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 06:35:53 PDT

 I would be very interested to know about policies with regard to acquiring
blu-ray videos. So far I have not acquired any blu-ray titles but I do get
occasional requests for the format. I can't see any particular reason for
acquiring titles in the format and I am interested in what other libraries
have chosen to do with regard to this format. Do people make note of
format-specific policies in their collection development policies?

Thanks,
David Nelson

--
David N. Nelson
South Asian Studies/Cinema Studies Librarian