[Videolib] A modest plea to the list members

From: Deg Farrelly <deg.farrelly@asu.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 22:08:13 PDT

The recent discussion on postcards/catalogs from vendors included a comment that receiving duplicates is like receiving 20 copies of emails to the list.

<rant>

I feel in some way that is happening to this list by folks hitting the Reply button instead of selecting appropriate portions of a message being replied to. I receive this list in digest form and often have a very hard time deciphering what is new content and what is copied content in a reply. Many times I receive an * entire * digest buried inside another digest because it was copied as part of the reply.

Certainly I am not the only reader of this list who finds this less than desirable. So, my modest plea is, when replying to a post, please highlight the text of the message to which you are replying and delete the rest. If your email reader does not supports this kind of reply, please copy and paste the text you are referring to into a new message.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

</rant>

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West campus