Re: [Videolib] Redbox

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 09:29:59 PDT

I agree in theory but the cynic in me sees the situation where library board
says, well that stuff in Red Box goes out every night and those indie films
only once a week why are we wasting money on them ? I realize it is FAR from
the same thing but it also brings "outsourcing " to mind and we have enough
trouble with media librarians being devalued these days. I remember the
mayor of Philadelphia recently saying ( as he tried to illegally close a
bunch of libraries) thatbasically libraries should be privately funded cause
in these tough times cities could not afford them. Then again as a Cub fan
maybe I always imagine the worst.