Re: [Videolib] Redbox Trial

From: Barbara Silberstein <BSilberstein@princetonlibrary.org>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 08:08:02 PDT

Red box currently has 12,000 kiosks in locations throughout the US. A Red Box contains 500 DVDs, representing 125 titles which are changed on a weekly basis. Users can choose titles directly from the machine or go online in real time and reserve a title for pick-up at the Redbox kiosk, where they pay using a credit or debit card. Redbox DVDs can be returned to any Redbox location, with the originating site getting credit for the rental. Any problems are handled directly by Redbox. The library has no say in the selections.