[Videolib] Redbox

From: Robert Buckley <robertb626@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 08:08:19 PDT

Hello,

I would certainly disagree with Jessica's post, which seems to be a
shoot-from-the hip negative reaction without knowledge of the public library
market and the dynamics of such a decision.

I applaud libraries like Princeton taking new approaches to these times of
difficult funding and just plain taking a chance. I could see this
working. Supply cheap but not free DVDs of popular videos to the community,
and save your resources for other materials. Libraries cannot satisfy the
demand for Spiderman 3 so why not give the job to someone who can?

I will be very interested to hear how you do with this, Barbara. Bravo for
this effort.

Robert Buckley