Re: [Videolib] Overdrive.

From: Jaeschke, Myles <mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 06:28:36 PDT

Hello Danielle,
We use overdrive and have been purchasing downloadable audio books from them for several years. Customers really like them for this format once they get used to the short learning curve on how to use the service. Last year we added music and film. Their selections are quite weak in this area and it definitely is reflected in total circulation as the numbers for music and film are not very good-music is better than the film here.

Overdrive's website for selection of items to purchase has got to be one of the worst I have used. It is incredibly slow, cumbersome and sometimes confusing to use. The filtering system for formats is awful. I really dislike using it.

I would recommend looking into Overdrive if you would like to added downloadable audiobooks to your collection-I'm not as impressed with film and music. There are other nice features overdrive offers, but in a nutshell there are my thoughts.

All the best,
Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City-County Library System
Media Collections