Re: [Videolib] postcards - a plea for sanity

From: Elizabeth Sheldon <elizabeth@lorberhtdigital.com>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 11:25:40 PDT

I would like to add my thoughts from a distributor's perspective and
reassure all librarians out there that we do not want to clog your
mailboxes, or those of your colleagues. It is expensive to buy lists
and expensive to mail catalogs and/or postcards. Ideally, I would like
to only mail one subject specific catalog to the right person who can
recommend it for purchase or actually place the order. The only way
this is possible is if librarians say to me, "Please send a catalog to
this person at this address." But unfortunately, I can only grow my e-
mail list this way.

That said, if any of you would like to receive our catalogs, we will
be sending out our new Arts, Religion & Spirituality, and Science
catalog this fall, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Tell me which subject or all
three, your name and address, and we will mail one to you. And of
course, we will continue to post on the listserv.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Sheldon
Vice President
Alive Mind Education