Re: [Videolib] postcards - a plea for sanity

From: Alex Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 10:51:58 PDT

As a distributor, I appreciate this discussion too; we always like to know what works and what doesn't when trying to get the word out about our new films. Unfortunately, since different people prefer different methods, we most often end up trying to use them all, iea new complete catalog every year or so with supplemental emails and occasional postcards for new releases (hereafter, we'll be attempting to qualify for Matt Bailey's bulliten board) as well as sending titles to Video Librarian and Educational Media Reviews Online for review. Though some people find the emails and postcards annoying, it's impossible for us to print and send a new full catalog each time we pick up a new film. I can imagine that the multiple copies/duplicate mailing list thing gets annoying, and it's something we're currently working on...

Alex
_________________
Alex O. Williams
Festival Bookings & Institutional Sales

AFD / Typecast Films
Seattle, WA . USA
ph: 206.322.0882 x.202 | fx: 206.322.4586

arabfilm.com | typecastfilms.com

RE:

I wasn't sure when I sent this what the reaction would be, but I think it's producing a good, healthy discussion about our selection processes. I'm finding it interesting, and I imagine new video librarians on the list would as well. And even though we all seem to have our own individual methods, I think the distributors will find this discussion useful as well.
Vicki