Re: [Videolib] postcards - a plea for sanity

From: Matt Bailey <mbailey@carleton.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 09:59:51 PDT

Well, I guess someone needs to present the opposing viewpoint. I
actually like receiving the postcards. I get so many e-mails that
anything that doesn't require action or a response from me gets
immediately deleted, and I also don't spend much time looking through
catalogs, so postcards are a way to make a particular title stand out.
If a title interests me, it's much easier to hang on to a postcard for
it as a reminder to order than to mark a page in a catalog (or tear it
out). It also makes it easier to pass on to someone else who might be
interested in the video.

Plus, if you make the postcard eye-catching enough, I might pin it to
my bulletin board.

Matt Bailey

--
Matt Bailey