Re: [Videolib] classroom use of "home and community viewing" dvd

From: Sarah McCleskey <Sarah.E.McCleskey@hofstra.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 08:34:17 PDT

Well, I guess when my VHS or DVD copy of the nowhere to be found japanese film starts to deteriorate (let's hope I have a legal one!!!), I'll make an archival copy and everyone will just have to come to the library to watch it. That'll show 'em!!

Or they can watch Adam Sandler.

:)

>>> <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> 07/29/09 11:23 AM >>>
Hmmmmm....what happens when

1. All commercial media goes to pay-for-view
2. The pay-for-view market is driven solely by market factors
3. The content universe is determined by whatever the market wants
4. All that's available for viewing is Adam Sandler and crash-bam-boom
movies because thats what the market wants

That film pal of yours is gonna be one sorry dude or dudette when s/he
finds that down the road that 1930s Japanese film s/he wants
is...well...nowhere to be found.

gary h