Re: [Videolib] classroom use of "home and community viewing" dvd

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 08:14:52 PDT

Hmmmmm....what happens when

1. All commercial media goes to pay-for-view
2. The pay-for-view market is driven solely by market factors
3. The content universe is determined by whatever the market wants
4. All that's available for viewing is Adam Sandler and crash-bam-boom
movies because thats what the market wants

That film pal of yours is gonna be one sorry dude or dudette when s/he
finds that down the road that 1930s Japanese film s/he wants
is...well...nowhere to be found.

gary h