[Videolib] Downloading music in the library

From: <m.loyer@mphpl.org>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 06:42:06 PDT
Dear Collective Wisdom,
Last night we found 2 college age ladies sitting in our Media Department with their laptops calming downloading CDs from the Library's collection. This has never happened here before and we are stymied as to what we should do or not do. One lovely young lady said that her father was an attorney and that he had made it clear to her that what they were doing was not illegal.
I am not naive; I KNOW that patrons check material out and download it but inside the library just seems wrong. What should I do when these ladies return?
Thanks in advance.
Marsha Loyer
Media Services Coordinator
Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library