Re: [Videolib] what to do about extra digital discs?

From: Meghann Matwichuk <mtwchk@UDel.Edu>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 05:38:09 PDT

Hello Danielle,

We have been removing these digital download discs and, if the original
packaging is to be used, we will attach a label to the space where the
disc once was stating that the digital download disc has been removed.
We do this so as not to cause confusion when the patron opens the case
upon checkout to find a disc missing (and remove the insert with the
code information, of course).

I noticed on one recent release (/Coraline/) that the disc with the
download contained other materials. In this case, we simply removed the
code. So far we haven't had any questions from our patrons about this
-- if we did, I think it would be fairly easy to explain that the
download is a one-time download and so can not be offered equitably to
all patrons (hence the discs' removal).

Best,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian