Re: [Videolib] classroom use of "home and community viewing" dvd

From: Brewer, Michael <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 14:43:38 PDT

Absolutely not.
mb
________________________________
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jackson, Sandra F. [Jacksonsf@uncw.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:34 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] classroom use of "home and community viewing" dvd

I love these discussions.

Here’s a possible situation that I expect to be presented to me and I’m wondering where people think it falls:
Several professors who teach sections of the same class wish to show the same movie to all sections of the class at the same time in a larger venue than their usual classrooms and the film will be closed to anyone who is not in the class. The film title is on the syllabus for each class and the larger venue is listed as an alternate class location. Do the professors need PPR for this showing?

Sandra F. Jackson
Film Program Coordinator
Lumina Theater & Sharky's Box Office
UNCW Presents
The University of North Carolina Wilmington
910.962.7971
jacksonsf@uncw.edu
http://www.uncw.edu/lumina