[Videolib] Egyptian films: Bayn al Kasrain (1964 aka Between two places) and Kasr el Shawk (1967)

From: Anna Headley <aheadle1@swarthmore.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 12:45:39 PDT

Hi videolib,

I have a professor who would like to teach these films by Hassan
al-Imam. They are based on the Cairo Triology novels by Naguib Mahfouz:
_Palace Walk_ and _Palace of Desire_

Any tips on sources for DVD would be appreciated. I tried arabfilm but
don't know where else to look for Egyptian titles.

She is also looking for more information on the third film, which would
have been based on the third book in the trilogy, _Sugar Street_

Thanks!

--
Anna Headley
Swarthmore College Library