Re: [Videolib] classroom use of "home and community viewing" dvd

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 12:40:16 PDT

I think you own it and you can do what the law allows you to do which is
use it legitimately in a class. We have been through this is a lot but
unless a vendormakes some added restriction ( no classroom use, no
interlibrary loan) a TERM OF SALE UPFRONT so you can factor that into your
decision to buy the item,
you can use it in a class. As I have said before once an title goes into
the general market, the cat is out of the bag and you can't add restrictions
on it. No streaming of course but that as they say is another story.

FYI the community thing is downright weird.