Re: [Videolib] Help! I can't identify this film & I'm hoping you'll know it

From: <Tom.Ipri@unlv.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 13:27:32 PDT

Sounds like Girl on the Bridge: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144201/
except with a knife thrower instead of trapeze artist.

Tom

_____________________________
Tom Ipri, MS
Head, Media and Computer Services
Lied Library
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
Box 457035
Las Vegas, NV 89154-7035
702-895-2183
tom.ipri@unlv.edu

patti ruocco <ruoccop@lislelibrary.org>
Sent by: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
07/24/2009 01:01 PM
Please respond to
videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
cc

Subject
[Videolib] Help! I can't identify this film & I'm hoping you'll know it

I have a patron who is *adamant* that there is a film in which a trapeze
artist(?) circus owner (?) desperately needs someone to work the trapeze
act. He's taking a walk down by a river and sees a young girl
contemplating suicide. They talk and when she convinces him that she
doesn't care if she dies he says "have I got a job for you"...

Does anyone on the list have any idea what this could be. He has said it
definitely is NOT the episode from The Avengers called "Girl on the
Trapeze" and that it is a movie. I'd appreciate any leads you may have.

Thank you,
Patti
Patricia Ruocco
Adult Services
Lisle Library District
777 Front St.
Lisle, IL 60532
630-971-1675
ruoccop@lislelibrary.org

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read. ­Groucho Marx
as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.