Re: [Videolib] Help! I can't identify this film

From: Bonnie Brown <bonnie.brown@nyu.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 13:25:35 PDT

A little different than your description but, "The Girl on the Bridge" (perhaps)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_on_the_Bridge

The plot centres around knifethrower Gabor (Auteuil) and a girl called Adčle (Paradis), who intends to kill herself by jumping from a bridge. Gabor, who may also be about to jump from the bridge, intervenes to prevent the suicide and persuades Adčle to become the target girl in his knifethrowing act. The film then follows their relationship as they travel around Europe with the act, ending in Istanbul.