[Videolib] PPR note in catalog record

From: Deg Farrelly <deg.farrelly@asu.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 18:27:53 PDT

Ciara wrote:

> This list of vendors who include or offer PPR is excellent. I'd like to
> add this info to my catalog records too (one day) and would like to know
> how many of you include this info in your catalog records.

To the extent that I am able, meaning mostly the larger companies from whom we purchase, we add "Includes Public Performance Rights" to the content summary field (520) of the MARC record.

This displays in the catalog record, and is searchable as text. I understand that there is also a MARC field that can be used to track licensing and permissions, but we do not index that field in our online catalog.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University at the West campus