Re: [Videolib] Copyright Question, LPs

From: Bergman, Barbara J <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 08:34:06 PDT

The music may be public domain (which would mean the performers didn't need to license it), but the recording of the performance would still be copyrighted by the performers (who probably transferred copyright to the record label). To be correct, you'd need to ask for permission from the copyright holder.

Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State University, Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu