Re: [Videolib] Four Your Emmy Consideration

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 07:16:42 PDT

This is a very interesting case but not on point here. This is not a
promotional screener or gift. These copies bear no resemblance to anything
that will be legally released. They are made specially to be seen by voting
members. It is more than possible that CBS makes up a copy with 5 different
shows on it or if it is in the final voting stage the five nominees on oneDVD.
These were never ever intended for sale or to be seen by the public. Also it
almost certain that the member specifically signed a release which would
basically be part of his/her membership to never let these voting copies go.
The Academy does so I would be nearly sure the Emmy voters do as well. Again
 many of the shows on these DVDs would never be released in the home market
period and definitely not in the same grouping so they are not "screeners"
but work produce of material that is under copyright.

It is however an interesting case for "regular' screeners. I will curious to
see what happens with the appeal