[Videolib] [Fwd: The Complete Index to World Film since 1895]

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 10:11:55 PDT

Further to my earlier note re the CIWF...here's the official poop from
Alan Goble

gary h.

The Complete Index to World Film since 1895 (_www.citwf.com_
(http://www.citwf.com) ) is a first stop movie database with provenance.
Currently it
provides information on over 446,000 films for the period 1890-2009 from all
countries of the world. Updates are done about every three months. There are
over 480,000 references to books and journals including the AFI catalogs,
the BFI's Monthly Film Bulletin and Sight and Sound and all of Variety's
reviews. The original copyright holder is shown for tens of thousands of
films.

There is a simple search of Titles and Persons. In addition, there is an
number of names may be put in the Persons field.

CITWF covers feature films, shorts, animated and documentaries. The silent
film period is virtually complete for all countries that made films during
this period.

Practically all the references quoted are in books and journals held in
the CITWF library and we are always pleased to help a librarian or serious
researcher with further information that may be found at a particular
reference.

The cost for a yearly license is 150/₁225/$250. It is provided via the IP
address range of the institution and is available to all those who have
access to this range. Trials of the database are easily arranged.

Best regards

Alan Goble

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut