Re: [Videolib] PPR vendors

From: Ursula Schwarz <uschwarz@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 18:23:53 PDT

I will add the entire list to the Resources page of the NMM website.

Ursula Schwarz
National Media Market
P.O. Box 87410
Tucson, AZ 85754-7410
(520) 743-7735
http://www.nmm.net/

From: elizabeth mcmahon <elizmcmahon@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] PPR vendors

Gail,

Just one more thing. There is Movie Licensing USA, a division of Swank,
which you do list that provides an umbrella PPR for the studios covered.

http://www.movlic.com/company.html

>From their website: "We provide the Public Performance Site License to K-12
schools and public libraries which satisfies the copyright protection needed
when entertainment movies are shown in the buildings. Swank Motion Pictures,
Inc. has long standing, exclusive licensing agreements to this and other
non-theatrical markets with most of the major Hollywood movie producers."

In essence, as long as you have this agreement, and the studio is covered,
you are free to use an otherwise home-use only dvd for public programming.
Costs are determined primarily by size of the population served. Seems
expensive at first, for some, but if you do alot of programming, it quickly
makes sense.

Elizabeth McMahon