Re: [Videolib] PPR vendors

From: elizabeth mcmahon <elizmcmahon@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 17:16:16 PDT

Gail,

Just one more thing. There is Movie Licensing USA, a division of Swank, which you do list that provides an umbrella PPR for the studios covered.

http://www.movlic.com/company.html

>From their website: "We provide the Public Performance Site License to K-12 schools and public libraries which satisfies the copyright protection needed when entertainment movies are shown in the buildings. Swank Motion Pictures, Inc. has long standing, exclusive licensing agreements to this and other non-theatrical markets with most of the major Hollywood movie producers."

In essence, as long as you have this agreement,  and the studio is covered, you are free to use an otherwise home-use only dvd for public programming. Costs are determined primarily by size of the population served. Seems expensive at first, for some, but if you do alot of programming, it quickly makes sense.

Elizabeth McMahon