Re: [Videolib] FW: digital A/V archive? a copyright matter

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 11:31:49 PDT

Hi

In this case, circumventing encryption is the least of your worries.

If you encode/distribute a copyrighted work via a network, you need
permission/license to do so...local area, broad area, makes no
difference...password security or not, no difference.

If memory serves, VLC isn't simply a way of distributing a DVD image over
the wire...I think you need to serve the stuff up in one of several
streamed formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, et al.), which
means you'd need to convert the DVD file to a streamable format first.

gary handman