Re: [Videolib] recommended websites to purchase PPR

From: Filmakers Library <info@filmakers.com>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 11:44:30 PDT

We are glad to be on the list of providers of PPR but our name is
misspelled. Filmakers Library has only one M.
Sue E. Oscar
Filmakers Library
124 East 40th St
New York, NY 10016
Tel: 212-808-4980
Fax: 212 808-4983
e-mail: info@filmakers.com
web: www.filmakers.com

On Jul 13, 2009, at 5:36 PM, Jackson, Sandra F. wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I operate Lumina Theater, UNCWs primary film venue (360 seats, 16 x
30 screen, 35mm/Blu-Ray/DVD capabilities). When campus programmers
wish show a film for the first time, I must instruct them how to
purchase PPR from film distributors. On the Lumina Theater website,
I have updated my list of film distributors who offer PPR. I have
attached my list below, in case anyone would strongly recommend any
other vendors I have not already included.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sandra

DISTRIBUTORS FOR PROGRAMMERS
Alive Mind
Bullfrog Films
California News Reel
Canyon Cinema
Cinema Guild
Cinema Purgatorio
Criterion, USA
Documentary Education Resources
Film-Makers' Cooperative
Filmmakers Library
Film Movement
First Run Features
Icarus Films
IFC Films
Kino International
Lewis Williams Agency (Geo Cinema Films/Lectures)Lorber Films
Magnolia Pictures
Milestone Films
Musicbox Films
Swank Motion Pictures
Palm Pictures
PBS Educational Media
Rialto Pictures
Sony Pictures Classics
Sony Pictures Repertory
Thinkfilm
Universal Pictures
Women Make Movies
Zeitgeist Films

Lumina Theater Film Resources http://www.uncw.edu/stuaff/presents/
filmresources.htm

Sandra F. Jackson
Film Program Coordinator
Lumina Theater & Sharky's Box Office
UNCW Presents
The University of North Carolina Wilmington
910.962.7971
jacksonsf@uncw.edu
http://www.uncw.edu/lumina

issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current
and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It
is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
distributors.