Re: [Videolib] DVD Vendors for Libraries

From: <m.loyer@mphpl.org>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 10:19:58 PDT
We use Midwest Tape almost exclusively for purchase of non PPR materials. We like their quality and outstanding service. We purchase DVDs, CDs and audiobooks from them.  We also download brief marc records which enables use to cut the cost of manpower to manually input order records. We have investigated B & T but their Title Source 3 cart system is VERY time consuming and not user friendly like Midwest. Added bonus is that we do not have to PAY Midwest for their online service as you do with TS3 by B&T.  I'm now looking at purchasing playaways from Midwest.
Up until this year when the property tax in Indiana went to H*ll we were spending about $275,000 on our audiovisual budget.
Hope this helps you.

Marsha Loyer
Media Services Coordinator
Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library