Re: [Videolib] FW: digital A/V archive? a copyright matter

From: Troy Davis <mtdavi@wm.edu>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 10:16:20 PDT

Not sure how much debate their can be on this. creating a digital a/v
archive is a good idea in many ways, but the proposal would clearly be
breaking one law to prevent the breaking of another. (not sure of a
good analogy..stealing a car to prevent someone else from stealing
it?)

The real debate is not whether you can legally do this (altho i'm not
a lawyer, i'd say you can't), but rather (as Dennis points out) how
to secure your DVD collection.

--
M. Troy Davis
Director, Swem Media Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library