Re: [Videolib] FW: digital A/V archive? a copyright matter

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 15:44:23 PDT

This is not even close to being "fair use" but I think Dennis has covered
that pretty well. It would be the same as if you scanned every copyrighted
book in case it got stolen and just spit out a replacement if one did. For
some reason I find people understand that it is illegal but keep trying to
push the envelope of video materials. It is unfortunate if folks have a high
theft or damage rate but it does not entitle insitutions to rip off rights
holders.