Re: [Videolib] DVD licensing question

From: Benjamin Crossley-Marra <ben@zeitgeistfilms.com>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 08:29:25 PDT

Are you out of your mind Gary?!? John McGahern's dead! We can't exhume him
and fly him in for a reading! :)

But yes, that distributor sounds insane. You should probably approach him or
her and explain that you have never had anybody quote you such a high price
before and simply ask if there's some room for negotiation. It's such a
speciality film (that doesn't have any significance from a collectors
stance) that I can't believe it can command that price. Be nice but firm
that you really want the film but can't afford to pay that, especially in
these economic times.

I've always been willing to negotiate with people.

Best of luck!

Benjamin Crossley-Marra
Director of Non-Theatrical Distribution
Zeitgeist Films Ltd.