Re: [Videolib] DVD licensing question

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 08:13:34 PDT

Uh, Mark...Julie was simply asking a question. It's the distributor
that's out of his/her mind.

Julie, it appears to me that the distributor is clearly unfamiliar with
the academic market (or usurious in the extreme...or both). The price
you've been quoted is the most jaw-droppingly outrageous I've heard of in
my 30+ years in the field. For that much dough you could probably have
McGahern flown in from Ireland for an in-person reading.

Gary Handman

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut