[Videolib] Re(2): Violent movie guidelines

From: Karen Fischer <Karen_Fischer@freenet.richland.oh.us>
Date: Thu Jul 02 2009 - 16:09:55 PDT

*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) FC Gateway*
I don't get complaints about violence in horror movies either (i.e. "Saw" series) but I've had several people complain about "Zack and Miri." Nobody has gone so far as to file an actual written challenge though. I agree it, it is weird that there is sangfroid about extreme violence, gore and cruelty. And yes, the horror movies are really popular here too. At least I have a number of customers who appreciate our foreign films, BBC programs, and classics as well as a strong following for "Christian/Inspirational" based films.

Karen Fischer
AV Librarian
Mansfield Richland County Public Library
Mansfield, OH

ben@zeitgeistfilms.com,internet writes:
*This message was received using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) FC Gateway*
*This message was received using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
Kind of sick that people get so offended by our natural act of procreation
and love yet are perfectly comfortable with death and destruction.

Benjamin Crossley-Marra
Non-Theatrical Distribution
Zeitgeist Films Ltd.
247 Centre St, 2nd fl