Re: [Videolib] Violent movie guidelines

From: Cartford, Peter, JCL <CartfordP@jocolibrary.org>
Date: Thu Jul 02 2009 - 12:19:40 PDT

Our CD policy doesn't make specific mention of violence in reference to either print or AV materials. The problem: one person's unacceptable violence is another person's entertainment. We order movies of the kind you mention mostly on the basis of patron demand and have had one challenge in the past few years due to violent content-Tantantino/Rodriguez's Planet Terror. It's mostly sex that gets patrons worked up (so to speak).

Peter Cartford
AV Librarian
Johnson County Library
9875 W. 87th St.