Re: [Videolib] Audio Books and Academic Libraries

From: Mike Tribby <mike.tribby@quality-books.com>
Date: Thu Jul 02 2009 - 05:36:38 PDT

Perhaps I'm missing something basic in this thread (wouldn't be the first time), but the discussion seems to be mostly about buying fiction in audio book format. I realize that fiction is a big circulation builder, but non-fiction books are also produced in audio format, and not just language instruction. Listening to audio versions of assigned readings, especially for commuters, can be a viable and convenient alternative.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com