Re: [Videolib] Audio Books and Academic Libraries

From: Stanton, Kim <Kim.Stanton@unt.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 01 2009 - 14:18:15 PDT

We also have a fairly small audio book collection. It's housed and managed within the media collection (closed stacks) and consists of LPs, audiocassettes, CDs and Playaways (pre loaded, self contained digital players). The content is about equal parts foreign language learning, classic fiction and popular fiction/nonfiction. The foreign language learning has definitely had the highest circ over the last few years.

We've considered subscribing to a streaming audio book vendor for more classical/ popular titles, but our local public library provides this service so we haven't yet made the commitment to online audiobooks.

Kim Stanton

Digital Media Librarian

Media Library

University of North Texas